Boot Camp: Learn Jetveo Basics while Building an App
No early mornings. No pushups. Just a fast introduction to how to quickly and efficiently make apps with the Jetveo App Builder.
Want to know what the buzz is all about? Give us five to 10 minutes and we’ll give you a tour the Jetveo Platform and App Builder (under the guise of creating an actual simple app to gather contact information).
That’s all you need to see how Jetveo can help you create an app and quickly get it out onto the internet, how to get programming experience in a real-world low-code environment, and how to start your own app development business.
Jetveo is a company that developed its own built-from-the-ground-up low-code app builder to develop software for customers. The app builder proved so popular, that we decided to share it with partner companies and the general programming community. Many developers have tried it out and many apps are being generated with its speed and efficiency.
Want to see how it works? Here’s the best way: Set aside the amount of time it takes to drink a cup of coffee and go through the introductory Boot Camp.
It will take you from nothing to a simple app.
The Jetveo Boot Camp
Don’t worry. There aren’t any early wake-up calls, pushups, or long runs in combat boots.
This is what you do:
1. Go to jetveo.io.
2. Sign up for a free account, which requires only a name and email address.
3. Retrieve the automatically generated email for your credentials.
4. Log into the Jetveo Platform and App Builder.
5. Start the Boot Camp.
The new Jetveo Boot Camp is an eight-step process that will create a simple app to consolidate contact information. You start from scratch, establish the data structure, design the user interface, and then deploy and run the app.
Along the way, you get a short-and-to-the-point guided tour of the app builder. The steps are intuitive. The layout is consistent across all of the sections. Shortcut keystrokes make maneuvering fast. Magic-wand wizards streamline repetitive tasks. And automatic text is generated to save time.
Admittedly, it is just a simple app. But it can serve as the core for many useful apps you can build for your clients.
Additional Tutorials – Support Ticket App
In addition to the new Boot Camp, there is another introductory tutorial that will guide you through the steps of making an app for end users to provide Support Tickets. The initial steps, which goes into more detail than the Boot Camp described above, takes about 15 minutes. Then there are Advanced Topics that will show you how to make the Support Ticket App more powerful and user-friendly.
Check out these Support Ticket Advanced Topics articles on the Developer Portal:
- Add a workflow to establish a system for resolving the Support Tickets
- Install a Kanban Dashboard to graphically show the workflow
- Add a Notification Bar to highlight important changes
- Provide the ability to add screenshots or images to each Support Ticket
- Enable notes to be attached
- Provide a space for Support Staff to communicate
- Provide a quick paper copy for each Support Ticket
- Install a Change Log
- Define User Access for security purposes
- Establish a search feature to quickly locate individual tickets
- Translate the app to match the user’s browser settings